"No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow." ~Lin Yutang

Friday, February 3, 2012

34 weeks

i had another dr's appointment today, so i held off a day for the update so i could give you all the stats too.  i was gonna do that last appointment but forgot.  so i'll do that now too.  last appointment, her heart rate was 135.  today she was up to 165-170.  last appointment i was measuring right on the dot for 32 weeks.  this appointment, she said i was measuring right on at 35... but i'm at 34 weeks, so... well, i don't care about any of that.  here's the questionnaire for the week:
How far along? 34 Weeks
Total weight gain: either 20 or 30 depending on where i started.  but this means i'm now about 60 (ish) pounds overweight.  or, in better words, about 60 pounds heavier than i should be if i weren't "with child". 
Maternity clothes? i got some new ones for my birthday.  that was sweet.  but they were jammies, so you won't see me out in them.  i've stopped wearing my belly band on a regular basis, and have replaced it with my tummy sock.  now's when my pants don't really want to stay up where they should, but it hurts me to force them in place with my belly band.  if i'm home, it's ok, but when i'm out in public, i'm pretty much always hiking them back up.
Stretch marks? no new ones that i can see (that's not saying much).  i got a thing of "mama bee's (from burt's bees) belly butter".  little buttercup LOVES for me to rub it on... it also has been helping my dry cracked hands.
Sleep: pretty good.  it sucks to have to roll over, but i'm sleeping on one side most of the night comfortably. 
Best moment this week: i have been having a great time celebrating my birthday all week.  it'll (maybe) end tomorrow with my parents coming up to visit and then a triple date with a few friends.

Miss Anything? comfortable hugs. 
Movement: still love feeling all of her hiccups & random wiggles, plops, and turnovers.  she's still sticking her but and head WAY out to get comfortable.  the PA was laughing at her today because she was just really going at it... i guess not all babies do that.  all of mine sure have!
Food cravings: not really.  maybe ice...  i got a blender for my birthday and have been excited to use it.  i don't think it's 'cause of cravings though as much as it is just a new fun tool to use.
Anything making you queasy or sick: my gas...  geesh it stinks! 
Gender: Girl

Labor Signs: Nope.  nothin'... 
Symptoms: the usual, but not in much pain.  just heartburn that has been relieved with salt&vinegar almonds.  i might be walking a little funny... 
Belly Button in or out? out
Wedding rings on or off? off

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!
Looking forward to: my parents coming up and our date night tomorrow... 


Try to remember, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to your parents coming, too! I got the shopping done before coming home from work tonight. Can't wait to see you and your Buttercup (and all the others, of course!) lylyly