"No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow." ~Lin Yutang

Sunday, January 30, 2011

29 years young

i had an interesting discussion with a new friend this past week.  we'll call her "mary".  i told "mary" that i was turning 29 on sunday and she smirked and then explained what she's always thought about that age.  here's "mary's" theory.
by 29 most humans have reached full maturity.  after about age 29 our bodies keep changing, but everything else is at a stand-still (unless further education is pursued, or study of some sort).  i don't know if mary thought i was fibbing about my age or what, but this theory TOTALLY explains why so many people -mostly women, i think- say that they're celebrating their 29th birthday 29 years after their actual 29th birthday.  as our bodies age, we don't feel older...  the numbers keep increasing, but we still feel about the same we did when we were 29! 
my cousin commented on my facebook page that she too was 29, even though she thought that she was seven years older than me.  somehow now we're the same age.  i like that.  i'm excited to be 29!  i'm happy that i've made it 29 years.  i'm thankful for my family who has stayed with me my whole life (or theirs, whoever came first)! 
so... today i've reached the age everyone says they are.  i think i've reached full maturity.  however, as a good example to my children, and as not to waste away, i will continue to try and further my mind's potential by studying the most important Words that have been given and living in His will. 

Try to remember, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." COMMENT! IT SHOWS ME THAT I'M BEING READ!!!

No comments: