"No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow." ~Lin Yutang

Sunday, June 19, 2011

what a great weekend!

yesterday was my mommy's 56th birthday.

i'm so happy who my mom is and how she raised me.  she was a wonderful mother.  she IS a wonderful mother.  she is one of the smartest women i know with a work hard, get-it-done personality.  she didn't have a lazy bone in her body as she raised her four kids and worked full time, coached softball some years, cheered endlessly for endless seasons of sports for all four kids.  she has a spirit of competition, adventure, and fun.  she is an amazing cook and a great baker too.  she loves her husband and her kids, but most importantly her Lord, Jesus Christ. 
happy birthday, ma!  you're the funnest, greatest ma out there with a great attitude and a good outlook on life.  thanks for being such a wholesome example to me and now for the next generation including my kids!

today is father's day.  i think that father's hold such a vital role in life.  i'm so glad that my heavenly Father gave me a stellar earthly father for me to grow up under.  i'm so thankful that He chose such an awesome father for my kids too.  both my brothers have become happy and hunky fathers as well. 
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!




Try to remember, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." 

2 comments:

troybee said...

There should be a sister's day so we can appreciate our happy hunky sisters all the more. :P

I love you!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry it took me so long to get caught up with your blogs so I could read this beautiful tribute to me and to your daddy. Thank you thank you thank you! It made my day, and I'm so honored that you feel that way about both of us. You are a wonderful daughter and I love you more than life!