"No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow." ~Lin Yutang

Monday, February 14, 2011

through the looking glass AND character matters (because it does)

my two older girls had their big acting debut on saturday night.  it was a big day.  and they were both a HIT!  they were great!!!  i wish i could've recorded it all to prove it.  i was beaming with motherly pride.  they were GREAT!!! 
aleemay had a small/major role as Goldilocks in the pre-show, character matters.  she was adorable.  she spoke loud and slow and clear and sang out her lines like she didn't have an ounce of nervousness in her!  my favorite memory of the night was when she took center stage (along with the three bears) and there was an audible unanimous, "awwwww" from the audience.  she was awwwwwwwdorable though. 

adejay was cast in the main event, through the looking glass.  it's a short sequel to alice in wonderland.  adejay was cast as the red queen (the 2nd biggest role!)  when she announced the role she was cast for, everyone kinda nodded and either said, "because of your hair!" or just implied it.  i told her it was because she could play it out and be a great actor...  as it seems, i was right!  not only was she an AWESOME red queen, they put a wig on her!!!  hahaha all you doubters... she's an awesome actress!
my girls are awesome.  i love 'em.  it was such a fabulous night.  there was a big turnout and my girls had two full rows (at least) of fans.  if you weren't there, you really missed out!!! 


Try to remember, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." COMMENT! IT SHOWS ME THAT I'M BEING READ!!!

3 comments:

Liz said...

dang! I really wish we went. it was a weekend that you should have hit me over the head with a baseball bat or something. btw, those were cute little bugs. I dug through a's bag just to find it. loved them!

Nicnic said...

oh thanks you for blogging about the big theater event!

Anonymous said...

The evening was fabulous and I'm so glad we were able to be there with the flowers!