"No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow." ~Lin Yutang

Monday, October 17, 2011

trying to make my menu

when i'm reaching for ideas and can't come up with any good ones on my own, i start asking the kids.  here's a good reason why i don't do it first:
boo was my little idea helper tonight. 
me:  what do YOU like best for dinner?
her:  um.  hot diggity dogs and corn dogs.
me:  yuck.  (that was a thought.  not a statement.)  that's what we have at lunch time for you.  what do you like for supper?
her:  suckers!

okie dokie... back to square one.
Try to remember, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." 

1 comment:

Liz said...

she's cute. i'm thinking tonight is sloppy joe's, tomorrow is half price happy meals and something better for me, and that's as far as i got. good luck. :]