"No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow." ~Lin Yutang

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

gratituesday on wednesday - patience

i'm thankful for patience today (and yesterday too). 

i'm extremely thankful for kids who are patient with me, a husband who is patient with me, and mostly for a Father in heaven who patiently watches me grow.  they all give me chance after chance after chance to get things right... and then they're patient some more while i finally get it (some times). 

i pray that we all will be patient with each other and give grace... because no one is perfect. 

i have a buddy (otter pop's cousin's kid) who wrote on his facebook wall something along the lines of, "how come i'm always waiting on people?!"  my immediate response was, "'cause you're patient!"  there are a lot of people in society these days who won't wait, they get edgy in traffic, they get mad in lines, and they just can't WAIT!  we need to appreciate the virtue of patience and practice it with a happy heart every chance we get.

Try to remember, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." 

No comments: