"No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow." ~Lin Yutang

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

what's up, doc?

on sunday, my love otter pop, flew away to philadelphia, pa for a mechanic's training class.  he gets back friday night... late! 
sunday was alright.  it was different than most sundays, but we went to church and my parents came over to celebrate starboys birthday... so we were kept busy to keep our minds off the missing mister.
monday was fine too because i had my dr's appointment in the morning and it was starboys birthday, so we really kept busy monday too.
but monday night i had two bad dreams.  the first one was so bad i really didn't think i'd be able to go back to sleep.  i've never actually woke up screaming before... i've woke up crying before, but not literally screaming.  but i did monday night.  well it was tuesday morning, really.  (3:30am)  then i had another bad dream after i finally did go back to sleep... so that sucked.  when i have bad dreams all i want is my hubby.  i almost called him too because he would be in bed sleeping... but i didn't.  i just prayed.
tuesday went along fine.  the kids that i babysit have been sick.  they didn't come monday or tuesday.  however, i still watched an extra two tuesday morning for the volunteer swap i do at the school.  maybe i haven't said, but each tuesday i either volunteer in aleemay or jones' class, or i watch the lady who watches my kids' kids so that she can volunteer in her daughter's classroom.  it's really nice.  i really enjoy it.  little boo has made a best friend with the little girl too, so she really looks forward to tuesdays with her "my best friend".  they're really cute together too.  for such young girls, they play REALLY well together! 
i had another heart episode tuesday morning.  that's the first one since i've been on the heart medication.  i called the cardiologist, but didn't hear anything back...  they called and got all the info and were going to call me back, but didn't.  so, i don't know what to make of that.  it was a pretty shaking episode, so i wonder what's next...  thankfully i was on the phone with a sister, so i felt safe through it. 
after the girls got home from school we went to the girl scout store to get aleemay her little daisy tunic and patches.  she's really excited about that.  she's loving her first girl scout experience!  and little boo said, "i want to be a girl scout like aleemay when i get bigger."
the boys are doing well, but i think they miss their daddy the most.  jones asks every night when daddy's getting home. 
we only have three more days... we can do it!  i just hope he doesn't have to work on saturday when he gets back.  i really miss him!

Try to remember, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

2 comments:

Nicnic said...

Thanks for the update! Hopefully the next one will say something like "my sister and her cute daughter came over to play." I'm planning on coming over sometime today, but I'll call you first :) Glad I was on the phone with you the other day too, but I'm not happy the doctor didn't call back. SOrry about the nightmares, I've had several lately too. :(

MamaT said...

the dr's office called this morning and had me come in for a blood draw. i think the plan will be to up my dosage... :(