"No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow." ~Lin Yutang

Monday, March 21, 2011

struggling:

here's a brief list of some of the things that i struggle with:
  • waking early.
  • waking at all, these past several days.
  • fighting/bickering kids.
  • laziness.
  • teaching character.
  • showing character.
  • motivation.
  • time and time management.
  • training children.
  • messing up.
  • primp and properness.
  • time management.  whoops, did i add that again.  what a waste of time!
  • setting time alone with God.
  • spending one-on-one time with each of my family members.
  • the realization of the world happenings.  (japan.  libia.  etc.)
  • continuing my education through reading and studying.
  • fighting off the world's influence in our lives.
  • greed.
  • selfishness.
  • covetousness.
  • keeping in touch with my extended family on a regular basis.
  • healthy but quick lunches.
  • babysitting discipline.
  • being a perfect woman.  wife.  mother.  daughter.  sister.  friend.  niece.  granddaughter.  owner.  ...
  • time management.
  • home schooling.
  • priorities.
  • dusting.
  • vacuuming.
  • the trashy look outside our home.
  • gardening.
  • weeding!
  • organization-ish.  space management i should say.
  • blogging.
  • focusing.
  • staying on task until the task is complete.
  • messy garage.
  • and time management.
there's a lot that i do as a mother of five.  i'm not overwhelmed or anything.  but sometimes i will claim that i'm struggling.  any of the above bullet points could be the case at any certain time.  many of the bullet points could be the case.  i'm just a real woman doin' my best at what i feel God wants me to do and who he wants me to be.  i'm so thankful that He loves me and He gives me what i need to get through each day.  it's love.  i hope that i portray it to others (especially my children and husband) because i think that is my calling from Him.  love.  love.  love. 
Try to remember, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

3 comments:

Jessi.Markwell said...

I struggle with all that, and I am only a mother of one! :D I think it is safe to say I am impressed by your mother/wife abilities!

Jen said...

Excellent post. You aren't alone, that's for sure!

Kimberly said...

It kind of looks bad when you put it all out there, huh? I know my list is at LEAST that long. (But I'm not sure I want to list it all!) Have you looked in those five sweet faces recently to see all you're doing so well? :) Love ya lots!