"No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow." ~Lin Yutang

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Summer is winding down

I'm blown away that our summer break is less than 2 weeks from ending!  
I'm looking at a map to pick out some day hikes or fun picnic areas to take the kids next week each day.  It's our week where we have to get used to going to bed at 8 -instead of 10- and everyone will be needing to get up at 6:45 -instead of ...8-10ish.  Wolfie got up at 1 today!  
It's going to be a rough week, but if I take the kids out and wear them out, that will help some.  The tough part is winding up at 8 when it stays light for another hour!  I say that now, but I haven't gotten up before 7 since Turbo's been born!!!!!!  Either way, we will have to do it!  
We got the kids school supplies this past weekend and the kids were all excited for a new pair of shoes.  Can you believe I bought new shoes for those girls who just a month ago had so many shoes they didn't have a place for them?!?!!!  I cleaned out their closets and made them get rid of everything.  Two pairs of summer shoes (one dressy, one water/play).  Three pairs of shorts, one pants for camping.  Five shirts, one long sleeved for camping.  Both Binkles and boo together got rid of almost two full garbage bags of clothes!!!  I did it in attempt to keep their room cleaner.  ... It hasn't really helped.  😔
I can't think of much else.  

No comments: