"No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow." ~Lin Yutang

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

7/27

Mr James' son, "2Scoops" has been staying at our house the past few weeks.  
Last week we had a very busy week!  Monday we all went out riding for the first time since long before turbo was born.  I even got to ride for a short bit.  Wolfie brought her new friend.  
On Tuesday we went to the pool ALL DAY LONG!  It was wonderful.  I even was able to help Starboy swim for a few minutes.  It's a good thing too because he forgot his life jacket once while we were there and jumped in the deep end without it.  Thankfully I happened to see him and ran out to rescue him (actually I had Turbo on my shoulder, so I had a boy that was in arms reach of him grab him for me).  That scared the crap out of me!!!!  But not him.  He just quickly got his life jacket back on and was back out within seconds, while I tried to regain my composure.
On Wednesday Nana's sister aunt Donna came up for an unannounced visit with her son, The Loof, and grandson, Mikey.  I also got my first-since-Turbo grocery shopping trip accomplished.  Turbo did great in all three stores!!!!  I've tried grocery shopping multiple times with him only to have to leave early as a cry session starts with the babe.  I think he's finally getting used to life!
Thursday we went up to the D's cabin in cascade.  It was so beautiful.  We hiked, picked huckleberries, played at the beach, and ended with dinner over the campfire.  
I can't remember if we did anything on Friday or just recooped.  
But Saturday we spent the whole long day shopping for school supplies.  Two more weeks until school starts!!!! 
We've been communicating with the Chinese girl that we're welcoming.  She arrived in America today, but has a 2-week summer camp in LA to attend before coming here.  She should get here right before school starts or even the first day.  Her nickname is Apple.  She chose it.  We will see if it sticks.  The kids are excited to meet her.  She is very excited to meet our family.  I hope Tge rep can find her a family soon though.  2scoops finally left today.  All if these visitors really make me miss Danke.  We've been keeping up with her pretty well through email. 

No comments: