"No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow." ~Lin Yutang

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Happy Easter & weekend

We've been enjoying a lovely Spring Break.  Two weeks ago (on buttercup's birthday-week), Binkles had her week-long spring break.  It was nice to have her home and get a lower ratio of parent-to-kid time with her.  
That Thursday, the other kids started their 2-1/2 week-long spring break.  By mid-day Friday I was pretty sure that I was in over my head.  I was exhausted and cranky and just felt like I could handle no more (emotionally, physically, or especially mentally)!  I was in tears and humbled myself to call and try to recruit help.  No such luck, buck!  So, I went to bed early and prayed for more of Him and less of me.  

We had a fine weekend and then followed it with an alright week of most-the-kids home (everyone except binkles). The youngest ones are enjoying extra time with their favorites!  We've gone to the library twice and have been reading quite a bit.  It's been pretty beautiful weather too.

On Wednesday we decided to finally put our hot tub on Craigslist.  We wanted to just dump it, but were given advice that hot tubs sell like hot cakes, so I listed it for $300.  That evening, otter and his good friend removed it from our beautiful back deck.  OtterPop's good friend, "bro", just moved to our area.  He's been spending lots of time with us as he looks for a job and has no family in town.  We've been getting project after project done with the extra hands!!!  Bro was right about the hot cakes because By Thursday morning we had 2 very interested buyers and that evening it left our property and we were $150 richer.  I didn't feel right selling it when we didn't know how it'd work for the next guy around, so I told them $150 could take it.  I can't believe we got paid for someone to haul it away.  God provides.

The next day, I had Wolfe throw some extra paving bricks we had piled around our lilac bush into the hot tub's place.  I have always wanted a fire pit, and the spot is perfect.  I mean, it's kinda close to the house, but with a proper pit, it's perfect.  
The size of the missing tub was also a perfect size for a sand box. It kinda looked like that's what was 'posed to be there.  But I hate sand.  It's messy.  We'd have to do baths every night if we had a sand box.  And then our drains would for surely get filled with sand and we'd have done dirt of plumbing issue.  Sand boxes are for the beach.  That's all.  
Anyway, this past weekend, we got started on the pit.  We had enough leftover bricks for two full circles and a half of another.  I wanted three though.  And otter pop wanted to build a nice bench around the pit.  So off to lowe's we went with measurements and ideas.  We spent just over $100 for the extra bricks and building materials.  We got free gravel to pour down on the bottom and used some extra lava rocks for inside the pit-bottom.  So far, it looks awesome!!!!!!!

Also this past weekend, the girls had their second track meet.  Binkles really excels in long distances while Boo is quite a fast little sprinter.  I think her best event is the 200, but maybe it's the 100.  Danke likes the triple jump.




Otter Pop's aunt and uncle came to have a short vacation and visit for a week.  They arrived Saturday evening and on Easter morning we all met at church to celebrate Christ's resurrection together.  Bro also joined us.  
Afterwards we all came to our house for a great big Easter BBQ.  Uncle frank helped Otter out with the electrical issue we created when the guys tore the hot tub out.  We had BBQ'd chicken, BLT pasta salad, broccoli salad, my famous baked potato salad, Hawaiian rolls, chips, and pies and ice cream for dessert.  It was awesome!  -Even with all the rain and mud (hot tub project IN PROCESS!!!).-

I hope you all had a wonderful celebration.  Christ is risen.  We are saved.  Hallelujah!  Happy Easter.

No comments: