"No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow." ~Lin Yutang

Saturday, April 23, 2011

my tangley


i have a sweet little three-year-old girl.  she LOVES skirts!  she LOVES headbands!  she LOVES horses!  she LOVES sparkles!  she LOVES lip gloss!  she LOVES gum!  she LOVES Jesus!  and recently she's begun to LOVE brushing hair!  hers, mine, dolls, her horses... 

the hair brushing started after about a dozen views of the movie, "tangled".  if you haven't seen tangled and you have littles, i recommend it.  i don't like kids movies, especially animated ones, but i really liked this one!  it's the "new" story of rapunzel.  boo likes to pretend she's rapunzel. 

it helps that she has the most gorgeous, long, beautiful hair...  last night her and aleemay pulled their shawls down and hung them from their head with headbands pretending that their hair was long, like rapunzel's.  this morning they've been walking around with the shawl's fringe hanging over their foreheads and the long train following them like pink and brown tresses.  :) 

oh the joy of girls!
boo also LOVES to watch me in the kitchen.  she will sit and watch me make anything.  she'll sit and watch me clean.  she LOVES me!  i think it won't be long before she's an efficient little cooker if she's taking in everything she's watching...  i love me a boo.

Try to remember, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

2 comments:

Nicnic said...

you don't have to be a kid to love "tangled"! T-rent (his code name you know ;) ) and I really enjoyed it!
I love me a boo too, and I especially love the last photo!

Liz said...

I luvs a boo too! and tangled! we went to it with my fam when it was first out. and i think we all cried. we anxiously waited for it to come out on DVD. I was combing E's hair the other day and we were singing the song that makes her hair glow, and she says to me, "I wish my hair would glow when I sang". me too.