"No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow." ~Lin Yutang

Friday, August 9, 2013

floating tacos veggie style

I had to share this 'cause I really felt brilliant the night I made floating tacos.  floating tacos, you see, are made with hamburger as the main ingredient.  seeing how we're trying to cut out our animal intake though, this meal doesn't work that well.  but we like it.  really, we love it. 
so, I used 1/3 the amount of meat, and substituted some shredded zucchini for the rest of the meat.  I seasoned it up with a lot of shakin's of McCormick's hamburger seasoning (which is delish, if you didn't know), cumin, chili powder, oregano, and seasoning salt.  other than that, I didn't do anything else different.  and guess what!!! 
I'm sure you can't guess, so go ahead and give up.
IT TASTED THE SAME!  maybe a little too seasoned if anything different, but there was NO zucchini taste!!!!!  best part:  otter pop's mom ("nana") planted about 6 zucchini plants that are absolutely THRIVING and HUMONGOUS!!!  so... that's awesome, right?!
ok then.  carry on.  just thought you wanted to know...

"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." 1 Cor. 10:31

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love it! I have 3 big ol' zucchinis just waiting to be used on my counter, too! It was great chatting with you this afternoon; glad you needed help with the fruit salad dressing! Lylyly, M