"No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow." ~Lin Yutang

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

gratituesday : frozen meals

well tonight i finally made a meal for my family... from scratch... for the first time (i'm pretty sure) since buttercup was born.  oh my holy giminy moses!  i am SO SO SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO thankful for the friends and family and strangers that brought us meals!!!!  and i am also so very thankful that i was smart enough to fill our freezer with meals for me to pull out and make with one swift movement. 
i can't tell you how frustrating it was for me to make dinner with a baby that seems like all of a sudden needs held ---because it's dinner-makin' time.  and that same baby also will need fed right when there's 3 things boiling on the stove and a beeper beeping because the bread's ready to come out of the oven. 
freezer meals are so wonderful!  so are friends that bring meals.  THANK YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH if you were a dear friend that did that!!!  and thank you Lord, for helping me plan ahead. 
now though the freezer's empty and i need to have the strategy of a supermom.  please pray for me in the days ahead that i might perform miracles and make dinner nightly like i used to.

Try to remember, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

No comments: