"No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow." ~Lin Yutang

Sunday, December 26, 2010

fingernails

i had a fun christmas weekend.  my sister "auntelcia" came up with her husband and stayed a few nights (and days) with us.  we had such a good time.  a little sugar/caffeine overload on saturday along with little real food created a few grumps along the road, but overall it was smooth sailing. 
this morning (maybe noonish) my sister gave me a pedicure.  it was so fun.  i have french tipped toenails!!! 
*insert picture here*
she gave the older girls nail-jobs for christmas and we'd been talking about it for months --really, since she moved back to idaho in JUNE!  so i was glad i wasn't left out.  :)  the girls loved theirs!




anyway... what i decided to blog about were the "rainbows" or "moons" that folks have at the base of their nails.  go ahead, take a look at yours... ... ... yep, those things.  supposedly everyone has 'em.  except for me.  i have a teeny tiny one on my right thumbnail base, but not even a sliver of one on any of my other nails!!! 
so, what's that mean?  what're they for?  why does everyone have them but me? 
---that's what blogs are for, right?  so, trusted readers, give me some answers! 
*and i DON'T want to hear "google it"!!!!!!*
Try to remember, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

You think about weird things. ;)

I have nothing to offer on this topic, sorry!

Liz said...

According to my nail technician sister there's really no reason or purpose. Just part of the nail bed. Mine aren't very pronounced on most of my nails. Just my thumbs. She did say you should push your cuticules back.

Shanna said...

I can't believe I didn't see this post. I love that Teclia came and did "ya'lls" nails! :D We had so fun doing nails back in March with our little "girl's weekend" in Atlanta. I really miss Telcia. :( I don't know much about the half moons without "googling" it, but I know when I push on them they're kinda soft and if I push too hard it hurts. So maybe your nails are just sturdier...? There's trying to be positive. haha! Glad you had an amazing holiday to end your crazy year! :) God is good, all the time!