"No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow." ~Lin Yutang

Saturday, January 17, 2015

Cofftee anyone?

I made up a new recipe.  Well, I mean I made up a name for an old cough remedy.
My two littlest ones love coffee.  They love my sweet morning drinks that I call coffee.  So this morning little buttercup woke up sickly.  She mostly has a cough with a fever.  She always gets fevers.  And they make her miserable.  And super  cute.

My kids like sugary drugs like Tylenol and ibuprophen, cough syrups and the like.  But I don't.  So I started making homemade cough soothing remedy.  And this morning I brilliantly named it.

First, presentstion is 9/10 of the law.  A mug!  
Second, with this young one, if it's hot, it's tea.  Because tea is usually hot.

But coffee is still better.

So here's my recipe for cough-tea.  Or cofftee if you'd rather.
2T. Lemon juice.
Fill the cup almost up with hot water.  Microwave if you wish.  
2-3 drops lemon essential oil.
1T. Honey
Stir.  Serve with a smile.

No comments: