"No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow." ~Lin Yutang

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

october 15... a special day. every year.

October is pregnancy and infant loss awareness month.  today is the actual day set aside for this remembrance.
today, i'd like to publically remember my baby boy, theron tyler.  I lost theron in a miscarriage ten years ago next month.  how different our life would be today if that hadn't happened.  but today I am wise enough to "count it all joy." (james 1:2)
and speaking of james, I will never forget sweet Isaac james, who left life before making it to the outside after 36 weeks of being held on the inside of my wonderful, sweet, dear friend, 5 years ago in August.
and while i'm speaking of dear sweet friends, I have another few who lost some.  in my thoughts often are molly joy, bear, and pilot, as well as sweet little sister joy.
I have lost a couple nieces or nephews that I never met but I will never forget.  I did not get to see them, I didn't get to know their personalities, or even introduce myself to them and hear their cry... or their names.  I love you, sweet sister, for bearing through the pain of loosing two and still persevering and laboring through two more hard labors bringing me two lovely darling nieces.

I love these babies.  I love these mamas.  I also love the fathers that also went through the same parental loss...  I love our God who gets us through these losses, who holds us, comforts, and listens to us and loves us through and through.  I am happy to have the reassurance that I will reunite with my boy in heaven when I die.  I look forward to that.  I can't wait to hug and kiss him!

"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." 1 Cor. 10:31

1 comment:

Jonathan and Telcia said...

I love this post. Thank you too, Sister. He is wonderful and He is not safe, but He is GOOD.