i've learned a lot the past few years. i know that i'm not dumb, but sometimes i guess i lack some social common sense. some of those lessons are listed just to humble me, and perhaps maybe help some of you others that maybe also lived out in the country and didn't learn a lot of social lessons. :)
- women are supposed to be leery of dark places and scary situations.
- not everyone is trustworthy.
- some people actually like to argue.
- many people in american society don't have morals. as in, they actually don't know right from wrong. seriously.
- you're supposed to dress real cute (or dress your kids up real cute) when you/they go to a birthday party.
- offer to bring something when someone invites you over.
- you shouldn't take expired food to a potluck.
- when you volunteer for a possition in leadership, you all of a sudden gain lots of acquaintences and even some friends.
- pick your battles. if you give your two cents to every single person you disagree with, you won't have any sense left!
- don't talk about frugality with just any tom, dick, or harry. lots of people just don't get it. lots of others don't see it as a good thing.
- you don't have to explain your decisions to others. if they ask you an uncomfortable question, sometimes it's really easy to not answer it.
- financial discussion is only uncomfortable when you make it that way.
...hopefully soon i'll be able to share some not so common fashion sense... until then, just bare with me ya'll.
"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." 1 Cor. 10:31