these will be in no particular order:
- crockpot chili (from fix it and forget it cookbook, pg. 40 + betty crocker's spices and seasonings from her chili con carna) and cornbread (my mother's recipe in her church cookbook).
- pasta primavera (from a website recipe blog) with applesauce acorn squash (i've found this dish in lots of places, but the easiest one is this one and it's so tasty i don't know why everyone else is adding stuff like brown sugar and butter!)
- pesto tortellini soup (from that website recipe blog) and fresh bread (from my breadmaker -of course)
- grilled hamburgers and hotdogs with baked beans and corn
- chicken enchiladas (my own recipe -i'll post it when i make it and then i'll do pictures and everything.) with refried beans and rice
- easy peasy bean tacos (from that blog. i sure hope those are good recipes. i just happened upon her blog when i was in search for menu items on monday. i'll be sure to let you know.)
- my gramma's recipe for fried chicken (she gives credit to my great-aunt nita. i'll post this one when i make it with pictures too. it's fabuloso!) with mashed potatoes and peas
- adobe chicken stew (i tried this recipe last week or so and it was so scrumptious i could've eaten it all. plus it was easy -especially since i had made a chicken recipe the day before so the chicken was pre-cooked for me!)
we've already had hamburgers and hotdogs too, but that's not a hard one to have more than once a week. we still have plenty of buns.
i'm thinkin' we'll do the pesto tortellini soup tonight. the weather has been so deluctable for all these homemade soups/chili!!! with this deluctable weather, i've also discovered my kiddos LOVE and i mean LUH-UV soup! :)
have a good weekend...
Try to remember, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."