"No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow." ~Lin Yutang

Saturday, January 12, 2013

twenty thirteen post

hopefully this won't be my only non-food post this year.  yikes, i'm turning into a real food-fatty.  and on that note, i'll post some new ideas that i'd like to try this year:

  1. decorate my living spaces.  in an actual style.  and that style not being mamaT-style, but an actual DECOR style...  :) in this idea/goal, i'd like to proclaim my thanks to having such awesome friends to help me with this!  (hint hint hint.  oh wait, no hint needed.  you all know i need ya!)
  2. have our family pictures taken twice/year.
  3. sew more.  yarn more.  craft more.  talk less.
  4. be more empathetic when disciplining the kids.  say, "bless your [little] heart" more.  use words like dear and sweet. 
  5. do something extra and sweet for my honey every day.  something, anything, each and every day.
  6. play a game with the kids AT LEAST once/week.  each kid or all the kids together.  that's 6 kids.  every week.
  7. call my dad more.
  8. write letters and mail them to people i think about spontaneously.
  9. communicate love to those around me.  patience, kindness, not envious, not boastful, not proud, honoring, selfless, not angry, not vengeful, truth-seeking, protecting, hoping, trusting, and persevering...  (God)  'cause it's all about relationships.  it really is.
nine should be plenty.  i hope to become a better person all the time, not just at the end of the year.  i'm not a new year's resolution-type person.  i'm a all the time trying to become the person God created me to be-kinda person.  these are just some thoughts and ideas...  and it's about time i posted on my blog!!!  thanks for staying tuned.  :)

Try to remember, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

No comments: